Friday, July 9, 2010

The home stretch

Wow...so these last few assignments that revolve around creating a web page are going to kill me. This has been a cruel reminder of how much I don't understand about computers and technology, and how far I have to go before I can consider myself even remotely literate in this area. I know that part of it is my own attitude - I just look at all these little details and immediately freak out. Even while watching the tutorials I get stressed because all the narrators sound so happy and excited about what they are doing. I get it, it's fun for some people. The appeal of creating an awesome page from scratch and mastering all the nuances of website creation is not lost on me. The first time I was able to see my American Notes work displayed in my browser, I felt really accomplished, and once I got through some initial frustrations, it was definitely a little easier than I thought. However, as much as I'd love to feel this excitement all the time, I fear that I will never possess that same lust for technology and gadgets as some of my contemporaries. In that sense I guess I'm an old lady - technological change gives me anxiety more than anything else. Hmmm...maybe I made the wrong career choice???

No comments:

Post a Comment