Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A rant about Pittsburgh

Just found a really exciting job opportunity at a small community college in my hometown! It's perfect because while I don't see myself living in the place I grew up for the rest of my life, it is entry level (which has been surprisingly hard to find during my job search), I can live at home for a bit and pay off loans while I work, and I'll get to go back to Connecticut. Honestly, I miss it there sooo much, I can't even explain it. One of the hardest things about having classes during the summer (besides the obvious) is that I'm STUCK here in Pittsburgh - a dry, landlocked, dirty little city not even remotely close to the ocean. I love the beach. Love. It. And the thought of not being able to go there without driving 9 hours absolutely infuriates the New England girl in me. How do you native 'burghers do it? HOW? I visited my friend who lives in Portland, Maine while I was home over break, and besides having a lot of fun, I got so depressed that I don't live in a city by the sea. All I gotta say is - thank goodness this program is only a year. I'm starting to get really antsy about moving back home, and this gorgeous summer weather is not helping matters.

Pittsburgh, we need to have a talk. It's been a experience and I don't regret my decision to come here. We've had some fun times, but it's just not working for me anymore. We both knew this was only temporary, and it's almost time for us to go our separate ways. I hope you understand, no hard feelings okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment