Tuesday, June 15, 2010

New Layout!

I was playing around with some of the new templates on Blogger today so welcome to my new format! I really like how this website makes it easy for technophobic people like me to make their blogs look professional and put together.

Whenever I learn about new features on websites, the first thing that comes to my mind is how much work and specialized knowledge goes into web design. People who are good at it might laugh at this, but really I think it's incredible because I don't know the first thing about it. I know this is a skill I will eventually have to get some sort of grip on, but for now I just like to sit back and watch the experts come up with cool new stuff for the Internet. :)

You tech-y people out there never cease to amaze me, it's like you're speaking some beautiful, foreign language and possess a skill set so apart from my own that I can't even feel threatened or jealous. And you're all so wonderfully nerdy in ways that don't grate on my nerves as much as some of the wanna-be hipster, faux-intellectual, "I'm so unique and quirky" people I've come across in the library world. If I wasn't so scared of shattering this idealized image of IT people that I have, I may be inclined to cross over to your side of things....

No comments:

Post a Comment