Friday, June 18, 2010

Busy weekend

I gotta say, that canceling of the eprints assignment came at just the right time. I will definitely be checking out the program as it seems pretty cool, but this week marks the end of my University of British Columbia WISE class - which is amazing, but it means a lot a work until it is officially over on Sunday. I actually really enjoyed the class and learned a lot, I would recommend taking a WISE class that interests you to anyone who may be considering it. Mine was an Academic Libraries course, and we actually had a whole unit on Library Technology, so it tied in very nicely with this class. My only complaint is that the learning modules we used were set up in kind of a confusing way, and the assignment descriptions within the course modules were sometimes inconsistent with the ones under the assignments tab, so it unclear what was expected of us at times. This is a universal problem across all distance learning programs I think. The teachers were really nice and helpful though, and I loved how all the Canadian students spelled things (organised, favourite). Also, there were some funny things that came up when we talked about applying for jobs: instead of a "cover letter" they call it a "covering letter." Just little subtle differences like that but it delighted me all the same. It reminded me of being in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment