Sunday, May 23, 2010

Sunday = homework day

I tend to view Sundays as the start of my work/school week, as it is usually when I try to catch up on anything I've missed from the previous week and get a head start on the days to come. After a great weekend, I'm slowly but surely trying to get back into a productive mindset.

I started browsing the web today and found something pretty cool from the University of Michigan library. They have created a blog that specifically discusses new technologies that are implemented in their library, information about existing library features, interviews with library staff, and much more. Blogging among the library community is not new - in fact many professional librarians I know keep a very consistent presence online. The benefits are obvious: it is a fast, efficient way to spread information to colleagues, clients, and the public as a whole, and it helps us stay relevant in the digital age. UMichigan's Information Technology blog combines this idea with a focus on changing library technology and tools, making it an even more helpful guide for users who may not be aware of all the technological advances in their library. While the blog is mainly intended for faculty, staff, and students at the university, I think it is worth taking a look at as a model for other universities to consider mimicking.

No comments:

Post a Comment