Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"Earning your Masters in Library and Information Science is beautiful." - Lil' Wayne

Someone in my WISE class posted this link and I figured anyone in our program can appreciate it as much as I did. Lil' Wayne gave us future librarians a shout out in his first letter from prison. Represent!

http://www.rap-up.com/2010/04/02/lil-wayne-checks-in-from-rikers-island-im-in-good-spirits/

An appropriate way to kick off a new semester, I think. I'm trying to maintain a sense of humor as I enter my last session here at Pitt, because if it goes by as quickly as the last two, it will be over before it really begins. I want to wish everyone a happy semester, and welcome aboard to any new students!

I'm graduating at the end of this term and the reason I put this important core class off until the very end is because I'm a little technologically challenged. However, I'm hoping that instead of intimidating me, this course will help me get more comfortable with the important technology that I will be using in my career. I'm an on-campus student but will be taking the class online due to some conflicts. I'm looking forward to getting started and being one step closer to graduation!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there,

    I'm an online student and very excited about this class because honestly, I"m somewhat of a geek. Well, my husband is a programmer and I am far from being an expert ... but I love hearing about all things tech and preferably open source.

    If you ever need tech stuff to be put into perspective, let me know. Because sometimes, there are very understandable forces behind all the fancy words. I mean, just the other day, I learned how encryption is just about making keys (passwords) harder to guess, and so decryption really just means being able to guess more passwords in a quicker way. Really complex things actually are sometimes simple. And my hubby is good at it, so again, if you feel overwhelmed, let me know.

    ReplyDelete